Monday, November 23, 2009

Returned from Phili and Scriblink

So, I just returned from my Scriblink excursion...interesting. I like what you can do at that site, but I don't like not being able to move the drawings around the page. I'm not sure exactly how I would use that particular application/site.

I also worked with Cheryl to try to figure out how to create a comment bubble. The best I could do was draw one on Googledocs and then type the text. There must be a shortcut that I am not aware of.

I attended the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) conference this past weekend (11/19-11/22) in Philadelphia. It was great! I attended several workshops/presentations given by people using blogs, nings, and imovie. I was impressed with what I saw and want to try it myself. I was especially impressed with a website: prezi.com. I hope these are things I have time to check out in the next week.

I also plan to join the English Companion "ning." Everyone was recommending it...I hope I don't get swallowed by the great cybyss!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Luke,

    I, too, checked out scriblink. I didn't see many advantages over the smartboard which does many of the same things. One big advantage would be that you don't have to have a smartboard or access to that software.

    ReplyDelete