I sound so cool...I listened to my podcast and I actually liked it...I sound so professional. I podcasted about our department meeting on 1.25.10. At this meeting we talked about the new MLA guidelines and tried to come up with some ideas about how we could be more consistent. I volunteered to do a project where I put together some videocast of the new rules and rules specific to MLA at Mariemont High School. I'm pretty excited.
I enjoy podcasts. I've downloaded and subscribed to a few--This American Life, The Spendid Table--but I find that they're kind of a nusance as I don't download them weekly, so when I end up going to iTunes, I often have 5 or 6 that need to be downloaded.
I think podcasting might be useful in journalism where students can interview and post those interviews to the web.
I enjoy podcasts, but I think the person needs to be an expert at something or have something to say or have someone else to interview. Right now I'm not seeing--other than journalism--a specific use for this in my classes, but maybe I'm missing something.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment