Yesterday I did a SMART recording for my English IV students. After 4 takes and a phone call interruption, I finally got something I could share with my students today in class. They loved it. On the recording I demonstrated a close-reading and notetaking activity on Macbeth. It was very...func..tion...al (if I were to make a techie analogy Me=Apple II e; remember those with the floppy disc drives!! That's me). In doing the recording, though, I see many possiblities not only for me but for students as well. After viewing the (what is it? video? SMART recording? SMART cast?) demonstration on the SMART board, I also introduced students to their final project which will include synthesizing Macbeth using nonprint media. I encouraged them to consider how they might use the SMART recorder for a project. No takers yet, but we'll see (project isn't due until 1/17, so it's not even on their radar). I enjoyed doing this project if for no other reason than to get some practice with something I knew nothing about. I actually used a computer microphone for the first time in my life! Baby steps. Rome wasn't built in a day. Apple II e's didn't become Macs over night either. And I have no delusions that I am next year's tech teacher of the year, but... I'm learning.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment